Sunday, May 10, 2009

Response to the quote from Omnivore's Dilemma

"Whatever native wisdom we may once have possessed about eating has been replaced by confusion and anxiety. Somehow this most elemental of activites - figuring out what to eat - has come to require a remarkable amount of expert help" (Pollen 1 of the Omnivore's Dilemma). 

I do not think you have to have an expert's help to know what you should eat. In some cases, I think anyone can tell if the food is healthy or unhealthy. The biggest person who have influence on me or more like nagging is my mother because the mothers are the one that makes food best for the children. However, a lot of the times I do not like what my mom makes so I don't eat it. I am a picky eater but a lot of the times, the food that I eat, I do not get "confusion" or "anxiety" because it is something that I have choose to eat. I think I would get those feelings if it is from experts because they are the ones that knows that you should eat to become healthy but that does not mean it will suit your taste. I heard that if you do not feel happy eating the food, then the food would not really help you. I think the expert is a lot of the times, myself because I know my tastes best but I have to put my health in care too. I can eat unhealthy food but in return I have to eat healthy food to balance both out. 

No comments: